View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #27
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Okay now that I've read the other posts...

No doubt there are your fair share of Douche Bags who become Police Officers, but I would say we can find those in ANY profession.

I have also had the experience of getting pulled over by my fair share of Traffic Officers...both local city police and state troopers...honestly, I have never encountered any problems in the times I have been pulled over. (Easily over 20 times in my lifetime...I tend to have a lead foot...although the past couple of years I've slowed down)...

I have always stayed in my car, kept my hands on the steering wheel and used my best yes sir/mam no sir/mam when I address the officer. Within seconds I've been assessed as a safe person due to my demeanor, thus lowering the tension...Now I have had my fair share of lectures during my stops and honestly out of 20 times, I've been warned around 15 times...thus no ticket.

Basically, I don't give them any attitude...but I know that I am in the wrong...

Thus they are courteous back to me.

When I consider how many times they are put in harms way thanks to criminals, or how many times they have to be witnesses to grusome accidents and other types of deaths...I can understand where they can be a bit short and cold in dealing with citizens.

That being said, if I'm the situation of rushing to the hospital and I go all the way to the Emergency Entrance...I would hope that a Police Officer pulling me over for running a red light with my lights flashing would take a moment to assess, Why did I rush to this location?

Come to think of it, every time I've been pulled over...I have been asked, Why I was doing what I was doing (Speeding, running a light, a stop sign..etc...)

In this situation, his poor judgement is overwhelming...You are at the hospital, the folks the officer stopped are somewhat distraut and hysterical trying to rush into a hospital...why not simply go in with the family as soon as they announced that someone was dying? If the Driver is lying, then you have a few more things you can arrest him for...but to do what he did is and was completely WRONG!!!

But back to my point...I would only blame that one officer...I try to always, and I do mean ALWAYS give Law Enforcement Officers the benefit of the doubt. I don't believe that we have a clue what these folks go through on a day to day basis and as such I tend to have a bit more empathy for Officers...

After all, a bad day at the office for the Police often times is a result of some type of Human death that they had to watch. How many of us could face death on a daily basis and keep our sanity?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote