View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 11:23 AM   #563
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I am putting zero hope in free agency. We have really three possibilities

1) We re-sign Kyrie to the max and are in cap hell-- not only don't have money for FA, but incur some major penalties like losing picks

2) Kyrie walks. We suddenly have a lot less talent, but about one max slot.

3) We keep Kyrie and spend our picks/talent to clear some cap. We still don't have room for a big player probably but we could potentially drop 9-10mill on someone like Hachimura. Would it be worth it to trade #10 for powder that could only clear around one MLE slot?
That's why it's smarter for fans not to panic if we don't make earth shattering moves this summer because we are in a weak position for that.

I'm leaning far more into keeping 10. We need more young talent...not less. Hardy and Green are not only fun to watch, but they are actually two of our best players. The naysayers say we need "right now" players, and yet it took a 20 year old Hardy a jason-kidd-won't-play-me half a season to come on.

That's why some of us are so high on TJD. He is a ready now Bam. And he actually has talent. We NEED players who are overall talented....not just do one or two things while Luka runs himself to death.

So, keep the pick, dump some of the dead weight off the roster for the best moves you can make this summer, and see what you can do at the deadline.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-24-2023 at 11:24 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote