View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 05:29 PM   #566
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That's why it's smarter for fans not to panic if we don't make earth shattering moves this summer because we are in a weak position for that.

I'm leaning far more into keeping 10. We need more young talent...not less. Hardy and Green are not only fun to watch, but they are actually two of our best players. The naysayers say we need "right now" players, and yet it took a 20 year old Hardy a jason-kidd-won't-play-me half a season to come on.

That's why some of us are so high on TJD. He is a ready now Bam. And he actually has talent. We NEED players who are overall talented....not just do one or two things while Luka runs himself to death.

So, keep the pick, dump some of the dead weight off the roster for the best moves you can make this summer, and see what you can do at the deadline.
Dude I have come around to totally agree with your view here. Let's add young talent and forget the must win now mode that has continued to lead to poor roster building. If Green, Hardy, #10, Luka continue to grow together who knows if they get in as a 7 or 8 seed they don't make a run next year and even better chance the next year. Miami's run has kind of changed my mind on that from a just get in perspective. Like Jimmy, Luka steps up big time in the playoffs. The elephant in the room is that Luka doesn't have as much leverage as we all have thought. Any team he would go to would have to give up a lot of assets and picks to make a trade happen before he is an unrestricted FA so he can't easily force his way out next year. Let's collectively chill and just start adding young talent.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote