View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #63
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh trust me, im excited about this season its just slightly tempered. As for allen, he couldnt pull or block in space like he used to which is what made him special when he was younger. That said, he was money in pass protection because in the cramped quarters that a guard plays in a bull rush is always the best move against a guard and flat out no on in the nfl can move him. Most guys have to give up some ground at least. He didnt. That created a pocket for bledsoe to step up into if the tackles got beat. That is HUGE. Kosier even if he is good isnt built like that. Allen was also great in straight runs. Essentially if he touched you you were blocked. Adams before he got hurt was better than Larry allen but since he played half the year i would be curious who else you would argue was better than him last year? Pettiti and Rivera were both plain terrible so i dont see any way you mean them and neither of the centers is anything better than average on a generous day so i dont really see who you could possibly be arguing. Was Allen what he used to be? Obviously not but he was still an above average nfl lineman and as bad as the oline was last year he was easily the best of that bunch after adams went down.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote