View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #49
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Rubio is a next-level distributor and passer and probably the best defensive PG in the league. He managed to have an even +/- despite playing for a 33-win team. And look at the on/off splits for every rotation player on the Wolves for the past few years. Every single one of them is a better player with him on the floor.

Yes, he's a bad shooter (understatement... I believe he's the worst shooter in the history of the league for the volume of shots he's taken) but he's still a top-10 point guard even with those deficiencies. And he's still only 25!

To me he's basically like a B or B- version of New Jersey Jason Kidd... he's just had the disadvantage of poor teammates in an historically great conference.
Even though a lot of that is encouraging, I'm still very very against him being in this offense. The pg in our offense isn't playing maestro, RC is. The pg will get us in a set and then many times he will find himself without the ball in his hands on the perimeter. Seeing Rubio on the perimeter without the ball in his hands would cause bleeding from our eyes. I just don't think he would fit well with us in this system.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote