View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 11:08 PM   #548
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I kinda hope that it starts the new trend of players being attacked for joining super teams and not performing. If Durant, Harden, Kyrie, and Griffin can't get a championship, are they really that good? It might bring balance to the force and make future players reconsider their moves to super teams.

Then again, probably not. The league has been ruined since LeBron/Wade/Bosh and I don't see that changing soon.
This is a tangent but I’ve been listening the Whistleblower podcast about Tim Donaghy— highly recommend!— and it’s dredging up a lot of bad memories especially as pertains to our beloved Mavs of yore.

The end of the Utah/Philly game the other night and Lebrons subsequent cracking wise about Utah and not picking those guys on Xbox or whatever silliness he was on—It just makes me feel like the deck is stacked so much in favor of LA/NY/Miami teams and while I’m not against “player empowerment” per se, it sucks that in order to win big in the league you are fighting the forces of NBA clique culture, the leagues desire to have big glamour markets win and also the officials and how those forces/interests often intersect. You effectively have to beat, let’s just call him “Lebron”, on many levels. Cliques, agents, markets, league interests/profit, officiating tilted towards benefiting the aforementioned. It’s very discouraging. To not have those things aligned it requires having an all time great player and/or “lighting in a bottle” situation ala 2011 Mavs with Dirk and finding the perfect supporting cast and coach. Even then our margin for error was zilch. Or it takes all-time great team building, coach and all-time great player like Duncan and the Spurs. And they tanked hardcore and had to get really like to even get Duncan. And even the Spurs lost Kawhi to the coast. It can seem incredibly discouraging. I don’t watch as much American football as I used to as I’ve replaced it with Hockey but I appreciate the inherent parity in both sports relative to nba ball.The idea of Brooklyn stacking the deck to win a championship is almost enough to put me off the entire thing.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote