Thread: Andre Iguodala
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #53
Nowitzki4President

Nowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to beholdNowitzki4President is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Re: Brand, the financial terms of his deal and Marion's aren't even close. Including this year Brand's contract is worth about 66 million, as compared to 41 million for Marion, and that's in spite of Brand's being a year shorter. And there are just as many questions about his shelf-life as a difference-maker. His production has dropped off big-time relative to his best years with the Clippers, and unlike Marion he's undersized for his position. I can't imagine the Mavs would be at all excited about taking on his contract. None of that is to say that he wouldn't improve the team if the Mavs traded for him, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs consider the cost and the risk associated with doing so to be prohibitive.
I meant in terms of it being a long expensive contract for a declining former all star type player. My point was that if the Mavs FO was willing to do it with Marion, it's not completely out of the realms of possibilities that they're willing to do it again. Not saying that should be their first option, but whatever gets the pieces we need...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzki4President View Post
Nowitzki4President is the greatest man to ever live!
Nowitzki4President is offline   Reply With Quote