View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #51
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Barack Waffle Obama seems to be making the inmates a little crazy.

Left wing blog site too. Heh...
http://www.openleft.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=6906
Quote:
Obama has dropped in the latest Newsweek poll. He's gone from 51-36 over McCain to 44-41. The most striking piece of data though is that 53% of registered voters think that he has changed his position on key policy issues to try to gain political advantage since becoming the nominee.

That is stunning. Over half of the public, though perhaps has not heard of the FISA fight specifically, believes he shifts positions for political advantage. And why shouldn't they? He did. The drop was substantially concentrated among younger voters between the ages of 18-39 and independents. Democrats and Hillary Clinton supporters maintained the same level of support for Obama.

Republicans gained a few points of strength overall, but Obama lost far more than the Democratic brand in the last month. It is only one poll, but honestly I did not expect to see evidence that the FISA shift hurt him among anyone except hard core activists. It turns out hard core activists still support Obama (though they perhaps aren't giving anymore), it's the independents that don't. I thought and still largely think this election is in the bag, though it doesn't really matter what I think, I'm not making decisions for the Obama campaign and his people don't like us hippie bloggers.

Still, I will say that Obama better win this election or else he'll be the most hated Democrat ever.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote