View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #53
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
"Still, I will say that Obama better win this election or else he'll be the most hated Democrat "

So true. If Obama messes up, the Dem Party will never forgive him. Those who are celebrating his race and the newness of having a Black man in this position will really hate him as well. His failure (if he fails) will be catastrophic...
Not that I think this scenario will happen...but I'm perplexed by your assessment of it. For one thing, he has already broken big barriers, and for that reason alone his ticket in the party has been punched. If he loses this year, I'd expect him to be the presumptive nominee in '12. And for another thing, if there is one thing Democrats are used to, it's losing. Consider the stature Al Gore presently enjoys within the party.

I think the guy is in a no-lose situation, myself.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote