View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #57
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Not that I think this scenario will happen...but I'm perplexed by your assessment of it. For one thing, he has already broken big barriers, and for that reason alone his ticket in the party has been punched. If he loses this year, I'd expect him to be the presumptive nominee in '12. And for another thing, if there is one thing Democrats are used to, it's losing. Consider the stature Al Gore presently enjoys within the party.

I think the guy is in a no-lose situation, myself.
I cannot recall any losing candidate who ever ran again successfully. Gore had the ability to run again because he technically won the popular vote (just lost the race based on the way the Constitution calls for electing a president, which method was put in place to give small states a larger say).

The Dems are supposed to win this and sweep Congress. Any different outcome will be a total defeat and embarrassment.

The person whose face is attached to such a defeat will never raise again...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote