View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 07:10 PM   #25
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yeah I mean with Sabonis who am I shipping out to get him? Porizingis? Doesn't move the needle IMO.

I expect them to hold on to Brunson which may be a mistake. Do the Mavs REALLY need Brunson or is it about making sure their one young talent doesn't leave?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Obviously we cant be picky, but if im being honest Sabonis doesnt move the needle for me.

Knowing Cuban, I dont think theres a chance in hell they trade Brunson. Theyll roll the dice, probably overpay to keep him, and he becomes a starter.

THJ has to be traded at some point. Bullock too. I dont think itll be before the deadline though.

Mavs will probably do what they always do. Stand pat and if anything falls out at the end like Dragic, theyll pick him up. Although I think theres a tiny package to be found out of DFS, Trey Burke, WCS.
You're def not shipping out KP for him. Sabonis is on a solid contract under 19m while KP is around 30m. Rick just left the KP puzzle he couldn't figure out, I don't see any way he has interest in that again.

I do think Rick would have interest in DFS and maybe even Powell, but that's not netting you anything worth the hassle.

THJ contract matches Sabonis but it's far from an even trade. Also matches Le Vert and Turner but again those players have more value. I don't even consider Brogdan as gettable, he's too valuable.

Sabonis moves the needle for me because it's a big upgrade over Maxi, WCS, DP and Brown. He can pass and score in many ways. Obviously rebounds well too.

Maybe there's a package that interests them but it's gonna cost some "core" pieces....which is still probably a win and a good thing.

I don't think Brunson gets traded because we can go over to sign him. He's putting up big numbers this season and having lots of success and there's a chance Cuban learned from his mistake with Nash...but then again...it's Cuban. Either way that's an asset that we cant afford to fumble away.

How this Trade Deadline goes is more exciting than our season. It's really the only thing that can breathe life back into this dead horse.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-16-2021 at 07:12 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote