Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #2163
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Another reason why I don't like picking someone like Porter is that he'll come in trying to prove a point. That's not ideal because clashing with NBA talent as rook is tough anyway, and much harder when you think you have to absolutely show off. From the guys that are likely available at #5, he remains my last choice by far.

Maybe we get lucky and Sac/Atl do something stupid like Trae Young or whatever, but I'm also still not opposed trading down if Doncic/Bamba and Ayton are all gone. If there's a nice package to #8-#10 that guarantees us major assets or a nice player and, say Mikal Bridges, why not? That would require the Mavs to read the draft pretty accurately though.
All rookies try to come in and prove themselves to an extent. What almost none of them do is come in to an established team and lose their minds in some wild takeover. Hes gonna say that he wants to fit in and contribute as much as possible, especially here.

Also I think the quickest route to disappointment is the f.o. getting cute trying to guess the draft and trading down and get it wrong or even slightly miss.

We cant afford to walk away from this draft and say that it was anything but bad luck due to health or a huge upside gamble that didnt pay off.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote