Thread: Stack Fact
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 01:40 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Stack Fact

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Do I really need to point out that Stackhouse has spent his whole career in the Eastern Conference? And I don't care how weak the conference was, when you put up stats like Walker has - specifically around 20 points, 9 boards and 5 assists a game.. that's impressive. And well worth the all-star appearances. There aren't many players in the league who can fill up a stat sheet like that. Dirk certainly can't... at least not in the assists category. That's not to say that Walker is a better player than Dirk. I think Dirk is better. But they are both among the top twenty or thirty players in the leage. They are both top ten power forwards in this league. Both have proven that not only can they fill up the stat sheet, they can also take their teams far into the playoffs. I don't know why you think it's a "shame" that Walker has been to the all-star game. I think it's a god damned foolish thing to say. I think it reeks of a guy who has a personal vendetta against a man who did nothing but try to help us win.
Yeah, Walker can fill up a stat sheet...don't forget the turnovers and poor shooting percentages from virtually everywhere on the court. But, I think he did make more than 34.5% of his three pointers twice in his career. How many times has he made less than 30% of his three pointers? Twice.
How many times has he hit more than 43% of his field goals?

Yes, he has approached a 20 point, 9 board, 5 assist and 4 turnover season while shooting the ball poorly. Good for Walker. I don't think I said that he sucked...just that it's a shame that he's a three time all-star.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote