View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Myself, I like a hoppy beer. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale will do just fine for an introduction. You should be able to get that no matter where you are. As for value, I think New Belgium does as good a job as anybody. Fat Tire is their best known, but get a hold of their Trippel Ale and you will love the value. A sixer will probably be all you want to handle. I think it's 8% alcohol. I also love their 1554 Black Ale.

Probably the finest beer I've yet tasted is the Schneider Aventinus. It's the kind of beer that is sold by the bottle, though, and not by the six-pack. There are many, many, many beers along these lines...sadly, too few of which I have tasted. If you get into craft and microbrews, you are entering a whole different world.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote