View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #651
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Yes, I am. Because:

1. Denver shot a lot of free throws from personal fouls. The fact that they were getting all these ticky tack touch fouls while we were getting mauled is BS.

2. Denver got a lot of touch foul shooting calls (The Melo "And One", ect.). Were these fouls? Sure. BUT, when you aren't calling them...and not calling far worse on the other end, you can't call those. It has to go both ways.

3. Dirk was mugged off the ball and on the drive at least 12 times today with no call. His first two misses he was clearly fouled on. He should have had 14 ft's easily.

So, yes, the differential is distressing...although I guess not shocking, as I expected as much, just not to such a degree.
You make valid points regarding the officiating, but there's no use being shocked by it. The Nuggets are going to play that way all series long, particularly against Dirk, and when Danny Crawford's calling the game you shouldn't expect most of those calls to go Dirk's way. I'm not complaining about the officiating -- that's just a fact.