View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 01:21 AM   #193
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Player A - 15.1ppg/41.6fg%/35.1%3pt/84.0ft%/6.2ast/1.5TO
Player B - 14.2ppg/41.6fg%/34.9%3pt/88.7ft%/5.5ast/2.3TO

Dwill is one of the hardest salaries to figure IMO. I think he opts out but I also don't think he would need much more to stay, I think he'd take a sgnificant discount to stay and be happy/home.
Comparing Deron with Conley is a good call here. I think Deron is about 85% the player Conley is and the total guaranteed money he'd get is probably half of what Conley would get if he stayed with the Grizzlies -- I assume they'd give him 5yrs/$100M if he agreed to re-sign. There's no chance, even with an exploding cap this summer, Deron gets a contract like 4yrs/$55M or whatever.

One potential way of keeping Deron would be if we could salary dump JJ and re-sign Deron using that extra ~$4M, for a total of about $9M. Short of that sort of arrangement, I don't think Deron is worth keeping if he opts out.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote