View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 06:28 PM   #12
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

This was some of the funniest stuff I've read in awhile

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/new...ide-are-you-on

MAVWRECK: Up 11 in the third quarter at home against the Suns. Poof. Another loss. Another sign that this – again – just isn’t the year.

MAVERICK: We were right there. Just gotta clean some stuff up. Make some tweaks.

MAVWRECK: Tweaks? You need an extreme makeover, physically and mentally. How do you not use your “foul to give” on Phoenix’s final possession? You think championship teams give Devin Booker a clean look at a game winner? Bang!

MAVERICK: Gotta admit, that one stung. Maxi’s gotta foul Chris Paul before he passes, or Josh has to grab Booker. Something. But you heard Rick, we’re this close. “We’re learning the hard way that attention to the smallest details are of the utmost importance,” the coach said. “It’s hard to imagine being more disappointed. But we’re doing too many good things to not keep pushing toward progress.”

MAVERICK: That game – that loss – will be rock-bottom. It’ll be a turning point. You watch.

MAVWRECK: How many times have I heard that since 2011?

MAVERICK: That’s right, baby. 2011! This team is capable of putting it together and making a run, just like that …

MAVWRECK: Granted, that one I’ll never win. But do I need to remind you that since then they are 7-20 in the playoffs without winning a single series?

MAVERICK: We’ve got Carlisle, one of the best coaches in NBA history.

MAVWRECK: Is he though? 12 seasons in Dallas coaching Dirk and/or Luka and he’s got only one championship. One! Of course, you probably think the Cowboys’ Mike McCarthy is “one of the best” coaches in NFL history because he won one Super Bowl in 13 years with Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, right?
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote