View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 01:49 PM   #95
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
On the subject of Harry Potter.... I was never interested in reading them until the movies came out. After the 3rd movie (the best one in my opinion) I decided to read the stories. My sister, who loves the books, talked me out of reading the stories until after the movie series is over. It is her opinion that I should just enjoy the movies and when they are completed then I should read the books so I can see the ACTUAL factual storyline(s). Therefore allowing me to continue enjoying the movies.

And this discussion has solidified my choice in following her suggestion.
u2, i know you changed your mind and decided to read them, so you are probably on the same page as me.

i think your sister's idea is a HORRIBLE one! i was actually kind of upset after reading books 1-4 because i already knew what was going to happen (in the big picture of the plot). the books were definitely still enjoyable, but i really, truly feel like i cheated myself (especially with books 3 and 4 - those have more of a twist, and i had seen those movies more recently, so i remembered the plot better).

I can't wait to start book 5, because that will be the first one i've read without seeing the movie first. damn my non-conformist attitude, not wanting to read them because everyone else was.