View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #130
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

wmb --

Whatever the legal attack may be at some point in the future, the fact remains that no specific persons have been charged by the State with statutory rape as it stands today. What has happened, unquestionably, is that the State has taken children from parents on the grounds that the parents' beliefs may somehow one day in the indeterminate future lead to child abuse vis a vis statutory rape.

what is important to understand, i think, is that the law is sufficiently explicit in regards to when the State can take children from their parents:

Quote:
ยง 262.101. FILING PETITION BEFORE TAKING POSSESSION OF CHILD.
An original suit filed by a governmental entity that requests permission to take possession of a child without prior notice and a hearing must be supported by an affidavit sworn to by a person with personal knowledge and stating facts sufficient to satisfy a person of ordinary prudence and caution that:

(1) there is an immediate danger to the physical health or safety of the child or the child has been a victim of neglect or sexual abuse and that continuation in the home would be contrary to the child’s welfare;

(2) there is no time, consistent with the physical health or safety of the child, for a full adversary hearing under Subchapter C; and

(3) reasonable efforts, consistent with the circumstances and providing for the safety of the child, were made to prevent or eliminate the need for the removal of the child.
Each of these conditions must be met for the state to lawfully take children from a parent. But the thing is....none of these conditions were satisfied for the vast, vast majority of the children abducted by the state (with the possible exception of the 3 or 6 or 31 girls who may have been pregnant at some time in the past and who also may have been minors in the past). I mean....I'm a reasonably prudent and cautious person, and I don't think a 4 year old boy is in immediate danger because at some point in the next decade he might be taught that it's good to have more than one wife.

Moreover, although the State is required to make reasonable efforts to provide for the safety of the child without removing the children from his/her parents, the State has gone out of its way to ensure nothing short of complete separation of 1 year old + children from their parents.

I think the State is way, way, way out of bounds, and the recent spate of malicious propaganda is an effort by the State to conceal their very unsound position by pumping up hatred for the flds.

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-01-2008 at 06:02 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote