View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 02:31 PM   #839
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I think Wes is actually getting a pass IMO. Because we are a non contending team. If we were a contending team the reality would still be he is a 3 and d player who is making 18m a year, we signed him to a max contract(70m) the same year Danny Green got almost literally half the amount at 40m, and Green was not coming off a significant injury. Demarre Carroll got 52m that year, Ariza got 32m the year before. He's paid like a top 40-50 guy and in reality is not close to that talent wise and if picking a side, he's on the downside not the upside of his career. And When Wes signed he stated he was not just a 3 and d guy, he said he wanted to prove he was worth the max and it was even called the worst contract of the off season and posted to his twitter iirc. I believe he even made comments about making those people eat their words. I fully believe Wes would do better with better players around him, I don't think anyone has said otherwise really. That doesn't change the fact he's overpaid. And when the first thing people say positively about him is "locker room presence" then that's probably not a good sign for a guy making 36m over the next 2 years. I like Wes, I wanted him here more than Green or any other available 3 and d guy. But even if he shot 38% from 3 and scored 15 a game with good defense he'd be overpaid. He's getting a pass tho imo because we are not close to being a true contender, so the money means nothing right now.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 07-26-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote