View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 08:27 PM   #2006
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I don't want to bag on the guy because IMO all the young players are being put in a pretty shitty spot at the end of these games with no ball handler and little to no veteran help, unless you want to count the invaluable leadership of Sammy(seek immediate medical help if you do). Especially these last 2 games where they are playing deep teams with vets. Having said that... Ndour at times has looked flat out terrible. I've seen him throw passes at peoples feet and 5 feet over their head. He plays out of control a lot to me also. He has an intriguing frame and is ridic long and has hops but he should not make this roster he is just too raw and if we are trying to compete we can only have so many players on the roster being developed/stashed.

If what RC said is true and we are planning to keep Felton then at this point IMO roster locks are-

Dirk, Parsons, Matthews, Dwill, Zaza, JJ, Harris, Anderson, Evans, CV3, Jenkins, Felton

I want to put Powell there too but just for discussion I'll leave him off since he hasn't seen the court. And I'm in the camp that thinks CV3 is a lock because he's light years better than the d-leaguers being put out there. And Evans has looked good to me, especially his help on the boards. 3 spots available and players to fill would be Mejri, McGee, Powell, Dalembert Ndour. We need a big who can play so Mejri or Daly has to make it(I hope Mejri) and I personally like Powell and ppl want young players to develop he's much further along than Ndour. And I prefer project Mcgee to project Ndour and even if I didn't I'd want a 3rd big over Ndour if my goal is competing. I don't see him making the roster personally. I also used to hate the idea of keeping felton over a young player but after watching how far away ndour is and not seeing dwill for one second I think we prolly do need that extra pg and he is still the only non minimum salary that is also expendable for us in trade scenarios going forward.
Appreciate the indepth. He's in a bad spot being injured and earlier being expected to do a lot even though there's not much product on the floor. NY was sad to see him go so I guess they can always resign him