View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003, 09:54 AM   #110
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: $400.00 per child Tax-relief Checks are in the Mail- Bush screws the working poor!!!!

ok, i'll chime in.

doc, the fact is you have asked other to not use God in profanity or to use the F bomb because you find it offensive. i personally don't have a problem with the F bomb, but i wouldn't use it here, because it may offend people.

you now have posters requesting people to stop using "gay" as a derogatory term. you made a request, they have complied... now they are making a request.

just as someone shouldn't have to use the F bomb or God to emphasize their point, "gay" "fag" or "homo" shouldn't be used either.

basically, if you request others do stop doing something you find offensive, and they comply, you should be more than willing to stop doing something they find offensive (of course, that is within reason. it would be unreasonable if one person didin't like the word "phlegm" for example, and asked everyone to stop using it). i certainly think "gay" "homo" and "fag" are words that many find offensive when used in a derogatory fahion.