View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #25
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
Newsflash: Editors aren't volunteers. They get paid. I'm sure Dirka would love to be BG's editor for a competitive hourly rate (and if he wouldn't, I might be up for the job, for the right price).

I have to agree, that article is not well written at all. It goes well beyond the "Marion out of the mix" issue. Now, if BG is an aspiring journalist, he should accept--nay, welcome--the criticism, as it will make him better. If he's just a dude hammering out a blog, then he can ignore it.
I guess you missed the part about BG doing this on the side. It's not a paying gig. But, I don't think you really cared to provide a sincere response so much as you wanted to just demonstrate your supposed superiority. The first paragraph of your post may well be the snottiest, most asinine paragraph I have seen on this board in nearly 10 years.

I have not seen criticism as much as I've seen general vitriol that fails to be constructive. You haven't offered anything that would make anyone better as a writer. What's the deal? Did you guys get journalism degrees or something? Frustrated that anybody can get published in this day and age?

You guys need to stop taking the subject away from actual sports discussion. If you have a sincere desire to critique somebody's work, you can do it via PM, and spare the general public from your self-importance. Although, I suppose you won't get the thrill up your leg from showing everyone how smart you think you are if you just send PMs.

I apologize in advance for any comma splices that may have found their way into this response.

Last edited by Rhylan; 01-23-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote