View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #33
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking Marion will get a majority of the PF minutes with Peja backing him up and Sasha filling in here and there (he might fall out of the rotation when the playoffs roll around). I doubt we would have acquired Stojakovic if there were any plans to continue playing Stevenson at the 3...

It's not just Marion's around-the-basket game that will keep him on the floor, but his defense as well. Sasha's a solid defender, but his shot is inconsistent; Peja's a great shooter, but a poor defender.

I guess you'd have a pretty decent rotation with those three, but you're going to have to choose between defense or offense when Marion is resting. That could get tricky if Carlisle still wants to bring 'Trix off the bench with JET - do you set the tempo with Peja's offense or Sasha's defense?

Personally, I'm hoping Stojakovic ends up playing good enough defense in our zone that Sasha is forced out of the rotation. That would certainly solve a lot of our problems, but I'm not sure how likely that is at this point in his career...

Also, since we probably won't see a whole lot of Marion at the 4, can Sasha play any PF or are we sticking with Cardinal as Dirk's primary backup?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-24-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote