View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 04:46 AM   #40
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Gimme Josh/Damp for Crash/Okafor!

(just set up the negotiations - I'll supply the drugs...)
That deal would be a no-brainer despite losing our biggest trade chips. We'd still get a great center without giving up anything of value. Well, Josh is in fact of value, but we'd compensate the loss by adding Crash.

Considering that Josh has become somewhat expendable now that Marion is on board, I'd even be willing to trade Josh for Okafor, even though that would a negative in the depth department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
What this move DOES potentially do is seriously hinder the Mavs NEXT season, especially when it comes to moving Damp in a huge trade.

For the first time this offseason I honestly have no clue what the Mavs should do next. I have absolutely no idea what direction they're leaning in regards to adding players.
That's really what s*cks about Orlando matching the offer. Presuming that Gortat would have become a more fitting center than Damp, we could have used the latter to go for an elite player next year, possibly a 2, while keeping the rest of the team intact. Now we probably have to give up something to get a 2 AND a 5.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote