Thread: "Project"
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

This past regular season is really just a blur to me. I'll tell you a few of my favorite games are of the entire Dirk Nowitzki era. Probably won't help you with your book, but I just feel like sharing.

2003 @Sacramento- The Kings had won all 3 previous meetings that season. This time, Mavs are down by 3 with the clock winding down and Nash sinks a 3 to tie it. Mavs win in OT.

2003 first round game 1 vs Portland. Dirk scores 46 and Mavs cruise to victory.

03-04 @Seattle- Dirk scores 43 and Antoine Walker hits the game winner then does that stupid "shimmy." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0pa3MTfxnE

04-05 @Seattle (again)- Terry stinks it up the entire night but then sinks a huge three at the end of the game. He then turns around and does that funny scowl that looks like he just bit into a lemon.

04-05 vs. Houston- Classic shootout. Dirk scores a then-career-high 53 while T-Mac scores 48. Mavs win in overtime.

2006 season opener @Phoenix- Mavs get their asses kicked through most of the game. They trail by 17 at one point in the 4th quarter, and then Dirk sinks three 3's right in a row to pull the Mavs back in the game. Mavs go on to win in double OT.

2006 Semifinals game 7 vs. San Antonio- I think everybody remembers that one.

2006 WCF game 5 vs. Phoenix- Dirk drops 50 and utterly humiliates Tim Thomas (oddly enough, his future teammate.)

December '06 vs. Phoenix- Absolute nail-biter til the very last possession. Dirk hits a game-winner over Shawn Marion (another future teammate.)

2007 vs Toronto- Mavs trail by as much as 29 and somehow manage to come back and win.

To be honest there's not many individual games in the past 4 years that stand out to me. They all sort of run together. I was pretty much shell-shocked ever since the loss to Golden State in 07.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-28-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote