View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #82
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Kidd In Dallas? Not Impossible

By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

Dobby (Dallas): Kevin Garnett. Kobe Bryant. Now it's Jason Kidd. You guys always write that Dallas is "at the top of their list," but when will my Mavs actually get one of these guys?

Marc Stein: The Mavs were always outsiders in the KG chase. They were never close to beating Boston's offer and their involvement was more along the lines of making a bid because that's what teams in their position do when a great player becomes available. I don't remember anyone here saying that KG had his eyes on Dallas.

Kobe, by contrast, has been saying privately that Dallas is one of the two or three teams he wanted to go if he left the Lakers. Once that got out, how were the Mavs not going to be linked with him?

Kidd is a different case altogether. The Mavs have maintained various levels of interest in bringing him back to Big D since Nash left in the summer of 2004. And they're not going to publicly announce their interest now, but the sense I get is that they would love to find a way to get him to Dallas. I believe that Kidd, furthermore, is intrigued by the idea of finishing up his career where it started. Maybe he's not pushing for a trade, but he's also not against a trade to the right team if the Nets don't have a plan to return to the East's elite in the near future. You heard Kidd mention his "list of destinations" last week when he shot down the idea of winding up in Cleveland. Having a list like that suggests he's not convinced that he'll be retiring a Net.

Things are pretty quiet at this point because the Nets insist they won't be entertaining Kidd proposals from Dallas or anyone else. If (when?) that changes, should the Nets' season continue to unravel, I assure you that Dallas will be at the front of the line making a hard push.

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote