View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 01:57 PM   #62
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Donnie needs to show his worth and pull off something for a legit center. I'm not even asking for someone to replace Dalembert as I understand how hard it is to get big men. Just someone to compete with him or back him up. If they pull off a miracle and get a legit starting center than even better.
My thoughts are the same and it made me even more angry when I saw that Washington got Gortat for measly Okafor. Because the bigger salaries on this team are mostly newly acquired free agents it was a matter of hoping Phoenix would wait, and wait they did not.

There is Bogut, who recently affirmed that he will be looking for a large pay day once his contract is up this year with Golden State. I assume the Mavericks would have to give up some young talent or perhaps a draft pick in addition to Dalembert and/or Marion to snag him. Wishful thinking that they would throw in Barnes to shore up our SF spot. Still, Bogut is injury prone and if Golden State is on the war path by the trade deadline they will probably look to just roll with the squad they have in hope that they can really contend in the West.

After that, there are not many options. Good centers are so rare in the NBA right now it is very hard to pry them away. Deandre Jordan may be on his way out of LA depending on how the Clippers do in the first few months, but that may be a lateral move in place of Dalembert (or close to it). There is Varajao on the Cavs, obviously a stalwart rebounder but he may actually hurt this team on defense. Then there are options for a backup role like Hawes or maybe Koufos.

Interested to see how this team does in the coming weeks. Everyone already pointed out the offense, which looked great. I hope Ellis can undergo a transformation this year, because when he is one (like he was last night) he really is extremely valuable from a scoring and play making perspective.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote