View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 01:47 AM   #31
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
I'm still curious as to why Ronaldinho was left off. Dunga is definitely taking some chances with his squad selection ... there was a lot of young talent left off the list. We can't really gauge how well the team has done since we don't know much about the N.Koreans, but Brazil didn't look like the absolute dominating force I was expecting to see.
Bernados knows better what´s going on with the Brazil squad. 5 years ago there was not a single german soccer club that could have purchased Ronaldinho. But those were the good ´ol times.
No question, he still is good enough, but he isn´t a physical player. OK, Messi isn´t one either.

It must have something to do with Dungas tactics. I didn´t watch the match that closely, but obviously Dunga goes with a one-man-unit on the striking position. And with Maicon and Dani Alves even the D is providing enormous firepower when moving forward.
And modern tactics ( one striker - forechecking - streching the game --> 3 small agressive midfielders - 2 playing as wingmen or going for the kill ( on their own or playing the deadly pass ), makes it possible/necessary to pick more robust strikers. Ronaldinho does too much on his own and he easily can get lost versus defensive teams. My guess.
If i had to play two strikers, i´d pick Ronaldinho and Robinho with Kaka behind them on position 10.

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-17-2010 at 01:48 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote