Thread: Texas/Arkansas
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 04:07 PM   #32
steponhens

steponhens is on a distinguished road
Default Texas/Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000

Young would have been a nice change of pace, but when we fell behind, I new Mack would be too scared to put him in.
Exactly! Mack is too afraid of having another Simms/ Applewhite controversy. However there is one huge difference, Major actually won something before Simms came. Mock has done nothing. He should start Young to get the most talented QB on the field and avoid a future controversy, if thats what he was trying to avoid today, if Mock starts to look better.

As far as Mock individually, I really think he played bad. In the fourth quarter I don't know how many times in a row he threw behind the recievers with the game on the line. He took off and ran when there was no possible way he could get a first down. His passes were batted down all day, and his pitch was also batted away. And it just looked like he was taking too much time to get rid of the ball. And the biggest thing to me was that he wasn't getting the team pumped up and enthused. I thought he was supposed to be a high intensity player who could rally the troops, and I didn't see that at all today. Or for much of last week.

Napolean: Whatever I feel like! God!
steponhens is offline   Reply With Quote