View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #467
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I'm really curious to see what they do with Ogando.

If they want to spend the money on Fielder I'm fine with it, but I think a 6-7 year contract would end up badly towards the end. His body type doesn't typically age well.

I think Martin is the CF by the end of next year.

Assuming the current lineup stays basically intact, and especially if the one big bat that is added is a lefty, I think you make the team a lot better if you trade Murphy for a similar player that hits from the right side.
Yeah, I considered a roster with Martin at CF, but that list above took into account my expectations game 1. Many would prefer Josh stay in LF and that would likely mean Gentry starting the year out there - or possibly even Martin if they feel the need to do with him what they did with Andrus. We shall see.

Simply must improve 1B though. We definitely improve the Catcher position by having Napoli play 80% of the games back there. Definitely need to get his bat in more games though so not sure what to do with Young. Don't know that he can learn ANOTHER position and get out in LF with Hamilton sliding to CF on the days that they want Torrealba at C but don't want to sit Napoli. Good problem to have.