Thread: Griffey Jr.
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2001, 12:35 PM   #11
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

SOSA over GRIFFEY??? GIVE me a break- that wont happen- PERIOD. You look, research whatever. Find out how many home runs SOSA had when he was the Kids age. In fact- I might if i get the time. I know for a fact that he is at least TWO years behind the kids pace, if fact- im almost certain its more like three years. So, three years @50 dingers a year- and what do you have? He will fall short- WAY SHORT. Of course injuries play a part, and Griffey has had some bad luck. But that could change, and my guess is it will. Griffey is still on pace. When he hits 500- next year if they dont strike and he stays healthy, he will be the youngest player to get there. And then throw in the fact that SOSA couldnt catch a cold let alone a baseball in the outfield- OK, thats another story, Ill stop. But- Griffey came in as a KID-hence the name, and he got a big head-start on SOSA. Born Nov.21st, 1969. He came up to the bigs in 1989, as a rookie, 19 years old, broke his finger, missed 6 weeks, and still hit 16 homers. It was all uphill from there. Sweetest swing in the game, best outfielder in the game- Period... SOSA is nice- and probably a bit better home-run hitter- NOW, but you have to look at the big picture. He started late, and father time is not on his side.

A ROD is another story. He has a chance- a good chance..but im praying its the KID who it the next home run king...