View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 01:01 AM   #17
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Bryant....and Duncan??!?!

Quote:
you can excercise that very theory in the notion that his only priority is probably not in landing major endorsement deals.
What I was saying is that I personally believe that Kobe is in it entirely for the glory and the Championship isn't the main priority. I don't even think Kobe wants endorsement deals for the money. I don't think Kobe really cares that much about the money... but I do think he cares about how much he gets in relation to other stars. Like when LeBron got that huge endorsement I guarantee you that eats Kobe alive. So with a larger media market you get all of that stuff... bigger endorsement deals... much more media attention/hype.

I have a feeling he will go to New york for some reason. Just a hunch. Does anyone know what NY would need to do to clear cap to make room for Kobe?
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote