View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #141
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Christian Houck, East Stroudsburg, Pa.: Are we headed for another PR nightmare with this Marcus Dixon? Please tell me this was a case of an 18-year-old boy and a 14- or 15-year-old girl situation, family was upset with the couple and charged statutory rape?

Mickey: OK, I will, and this is straight from a document: Marcus Dixon, the black high school honor student serving a 10-year sentence in a Georgia prison for consensual sex with his nearly-16-year-old white girlfriend, has had his conviction reversed by the Georgia Supreme Court. Dixon was acquitted on felony rape charges but found guilty of aggravated child molestation, which comes with a mandatory decade-long sentence, as well as statutory rape. Monday's ruling lets the statutory rape conviction, which carries a maximum sentence of one year and a $1,000 fine, stand. So it was just as you suspected.

The above came from www.dallascowboys.com or more specifically:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...8B216EDEAEE8DD

It is interesting that the crime of "statutory rape" carries a maximum of one year in prison.

I can guarantee you that CPS and the State did not make this move to throw a few men into jail for one year maximum penalties.

So, watch for the bigger charge of systematic conspiracy in fraudulent documents used to hide what is legally statutory rape.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote