View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #4001
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Dirk has 26,786 points during his career, 160 points behind Hakeem Olajowon. I am hoping that the Mavs will play Houston as he moves up right past him. That'd be really special. I love how this season Dirk is in a good position to move up to 7th all-time.

Let's say Dirk starts playing 30 mpg and averages 20 ppg, playing 80 games in the season. That'd be a 1,600 point season. I think that many points from him is still realistic. Last year he had 1,735. This would put him into a position to pass Shaq fairly early on into the next season and the 6th spot all-time.

The top 5 is harder to crack though. I think it'll take an incredible finish to his career with him averaging 20 ppg for most of the way with no injuries to pass the great Wilt Chamberlain. I also just noticed that when Kobe passes MJ for 3rd all-time that we will have 3 K's as the all time leading scorers. That's strange. Kareem, Karl, and Kobe.
Would love to see him crack top 5, even if just for a little while. Lebron/Durant will be working their way up for awhile.