View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 04:07 AM   #18
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Barea and Damp were studs tonight. Damp did a great job of shutting down the middle and finishing down low, and Barea did a great job finding the open man, setting off the ball screens (which is really weird to see a 5'10" guy set a screen for a 7' guy), and even drawing a couple of turnovers. I mean, this team has a lot of superstars, but if we can get production like that out of those guys then good night nurse.

Side note: underrated tonight: Kidd and Marion's defense.

JET also seemed to be putting up a lot of 3s that caught too much iron. Josh wasn't aggressive, but that's to be expected at this stage in the recovery I guess. Offense and interior defense looked flat out awful tonight with dirk and damp out of there (read, with Gooden in there), but with the starting frontcourt in, it was a beautiful thing to behold.

The team just looked so versatile out there. 2 capable ballhandlers (kidd/barea/terry) in there always, potent deep threats, strong inside defense. I'm very impressed with our lineup. And when they play smart (aggressive defense, excellent ball rotation - we moved to #3 in the league in assist ratio tonight>, good rebounding, getting out in transition) this team looks awesome.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote