View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #106
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
the basics of mavdogs feelings about clintons chances at the whitehouse seem to be that he feels that she will lose enough portion of the votes simply by being a woman that whatever else she might gain by being a superior politician or candidate will not be enough to overcome those she loses by being a woman. Thats pretty much how i feel about obama. I have generally voted republican but i would probably vote for him if he ran. That said i can tell you, hes not going to win. The reason neither of them will win is that they are both democratic candidates which means that a large portion of their support is elderly white men who lived through the depression. Those people are also generally speaking the least likely type of people to vote for either obama or hilary.
you're right, of course, that Barrack doesn't stand a chance....if for no other reason than that the Lizard queen will eat him for breakfast...

i certainly understand mavdogs' argument -- vis. the primitive and unenlightened nasty western male simply can't imagine sending a chick to do a man's job.....

....nevermind that the english gladly put dear old Maggie Thatcher in office two decades ago, and this the english did even tho they are arguably twice as racist and twice as sexist as their american cousins.....

we might also note that those Stodgy Ole Republican Males, the bastion of all things evil and sexist, are generally quite content to have a black female serving as Secretary of State........well....she is a secretary, so perhaps she's kept adequately in her place, but I digress....

(IOW, if english males can pick a chick, and Republimales can stand a Condi, the american everyman can vote for a chick)

.......anyhoo...I understand the argument, i just think the argument is based more on liberal mythology than on the actual dynamics of our present society.

To be certain, I think saying someone is a very skilled politician is like saying someone is a skilled thief, liar, and whore. It is nonetheless a skill.

...and Hillary is very politicially skilled.
Skilled and extremely well-funded..............
.....with a mobilized and capable political machine.....

.......and partisan useful idiots who will bleat the party line that any criticism of the lesbian lizard queen is a matter of sexism, just as even national conservatives invariably reflect on the racist undertones of anyone who criticizes madam condi.

alternatively stated.....

no one else in the Democratic Party can match her clout........ergo she will get the nomination;

hence the next prez will either be the lesbian lizard queen or a republican....

George W. Bush is currently in office, hence no republican stands a prayer.......

.....ergo Godzillary is your next prez, barring injuries of course.........

qed, or somesuch.

cheers

Last edited by alexamenos; 01-26-2007 at 06:41 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote