View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 06:24 PM   #13
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

<< David, Sabonis has had sucess against Shaq in the past. Can we say the same about the PF(Raef) and crappy C's(Bradley and EE) that the Mavs throw at the Lakers. Last year we atleast had a combination of Buck and Griff to go against Kobe and contain him. Buck is gone, and well Griff isn't the most dependable player we could have. Sabonis is a big body, so Shaq will have more trouble with him rather than a skinny 6 10 PF. Just my opinion of course........... He does not push all centers around the same way. Their is some centers in the league that do have sucess against him. Sabonis is 1 whos had sucess in the past, and Olowokandi has had sucess against him too. I am sure there's more, but those 2 examples there proves my point! >>

Sabonis is 37 years old with TWO bad knees. Shaq has pushed him around EXACTLY like he has pushed around ALL the other centers. Olowokandi has had limited success against Shaq, also. Olowokandi is unpolished and poor defensively. So your two examples prove nothing, nada, zilch. Of course, neither player you mention could POSSIBLY become a Mav, so why bring either up? Olowokandi is a restricted FA and Portland has Sabonis' Bird rights so could pay more, plus, he's been quoted as being comfortable and at home in Portland.
David is offline   Reply With Quote