View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 08:35 PM   #9
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Doc's Shots......Cowboys Season Opener vs. Atlanta

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
You know FFM...I don't hate Carter. I just don't think he is a good quarterback and plenty of people came out here and praised him as a savior and the greatest thing since Joe Montana. That is why I use the Qspare references more than anything. It's not his fault that Jerry Jones is an idiot. if we had taken Qspare in the sixth or seventh round where he belonged, I would be a lot mroe patient with him. But that isn't his fault. Jerry Jones can suck the big one for forcing Qspare down our throats. He is a great athlete and I have never said otherwise, but he is not the answer to the Cowboys QB question. We must find a new quarterback. He just doesn't show the promise to continue to keep him as the starter long term (none of our QB's do). I really wish he could be converted to a DB due to his athleticism. And I really wish we had a Brunell type guy to take his spot as the #1 quarterback. Had we let Qspare spend a couple of years on the sidelines learning the QB position, he might have bloomed there, but I doubt he can at this point. For the sake of this season, I hope I am wrong.

Wow. I didn't think you had a positive Quincy post in you lol. I don't think you hate him I just think you expect to much out of a guy who is in his 16th start as qb. Isn't Doug Johnson a 3 year pro like Quincy? He didn't look that much better than Quincy did today. I just think it takes time for a qb to develop. I don't think Quincy is the answer to our qb needs but I think he can be a solid or atleast average qb in this league if given the opprotunity. Is that in a Cowboys uni? Not sure. He has 16 games to show us what he has. THe only way I see him coming back here next season is if he goes to a 8-8 record or up. Thats a high standard but I just don't see the Cowboys sticking with him another season if he doesn't show us a winning record. Its not fair to him but its the truth IMO.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote