View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #11
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Let's get it back on topic:

I completely disagree with RMAComic's point here:

If you believe everything you read, the big time superstars are concerned about winning more than about exposure. Obviously both are important, but I really don't think the Knicks are setup to be this huge gorilla in free agency.

Having one year contracts are not really going to be useful this summer. Teams aren't going to sign and trade their superstar to New York and take Curry or Jeffries back. That's just not going to happen.

Now I certainly don't think it's "going to be easy" to land a superstar. But I don't think the Knicks are holding the keys to the summer, by any stretch.
If you believe everything you read, then you would think if Wade goes anywhere it'll be to Chicago. You would also think, according to twitter, Bosh isn't interested in Dallas, and, according to numerous written sources, that LeBron will stay in Ohio or go to New York.

I am no analyst, (mostly because I actually watch the game, not just look at my stat sheet) , I'm just some jagoff with dsl. However, I do know enough not to count something as a sure deal. Hell if all that matters to a player is just a ring why don't they all just take a one year minimum deal with the Lakers and win 82 regular season games then go fo, fo , fo, fo in the playoff.

Also all responses should be in the form of a new thread.