View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #142
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
I was at the very least hoping that if Felton stays, then either JJ or Devin goes. Just to open some cap space. But I'm not that certain that Felton walks after this season. Mavs may have been reluctant to trade him because they own Bird Rights for him.
Good call, and potentially cagey move by the MBT. If we're able to do some sort of salary dump on JJ AND Harris, then we could essentially sign Felton using Barea's salary slot. I think Felton's cap hold is going to be about $7.5M this summer, so moving Harris and/or (preferably) Barea would offset that cap hold for sure. That's a great call... I didn't realize we held his Bird Rights and that makes me pretty optimistic that we're going to keep him around. I just hope the roster is such that we're able to use him as a 10-15MPG backup instead of a 30MPG supersub that closes a lot of games. I like Felton's game but he isn't right in that role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Mavs may have an agenda here, too. It's quite clear that Mavs will have a run at D12 this summer and they will own Bird Rights to Zaza. The question is if Cuban is ready to pay for Howard and then have Zaza as most expensive backup.
Zaza's cap hold is a hair under $10M... it would have to be pretty clever cap maneuvering to be able to sign him to market value AFTER signing Dwight and presumably taking care of Parsons. Parsons' cap hold is going to be about $19.2M assuming he opts out.

Numbers are really starting to add up... I think we probably have to renounce both of Zaza/Felton if we want to have sufficient space to re-sign Parsons and Dwight.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote