View Single Post
Old 03-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I'm not sure that I agree our starting lineup was "pretty solid". Not only has today's NBA gone small, but they've got fast and athletic. If you aren't fast and athletic, you damn sure better be stacked in skill. Dirk has the skill and Parsons sometimes. However, Wes, Zaza, and DWill do not have it which makes our entire starting lineup slow and under-the-basket.

And I've come to the realization that we are not playing "small ball" like Golden State and some other teams but actually "tiny ball" when we have Dirk (5), either Wes or Parsons (4) and then three PGs. We drive and kick to death because that is all we have (under-the-basket) and teams know that now so they overplay our passing lanes for easy steals.
Yeah, you know your roster is a mess when the fanbase harps on Rick for not playing a 29-year-old rookie or a journeyman who has a reputation for being the biggest knucklehead in the league... As if Rick would be rolling out these tiny lineups if we had DeAndre Jordan or Tyson Chandler??

Mark Cuban and Donnie Nelson need to bring their A-game this summer or else we're going to be looking at more of the same until Dirk retires (and much, much worse after he's gone).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote