View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 01:54 PM   #88
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
How do you develop rookies who sit on a bench full of veterans that have provided the depth that has kept us in contention over all these years? Remember, Dirk has never had a true sidekick -- it was our depth that won us a ring... Hell, if Rick had kept giving Roddy minutes instead of benching him in favor of a veteran like Stevenson, then we wouldn't even be talking about a championship.

Also, why did Rick spend so much time & attention developing Crowder if he doesn't like young players? Did Rick suddenly flip a switch and start taking this stuff seriously? It's not like Crowder wasn't also buried behind veterans on a "win-now" team...
So you believe that the 10 minutes per game that Crowder got here last year was developing him and spending time and attention to do it?

I'm not blaming Carlisle for how he is. I know most veteran coaches like to play vets. I get it. But I also think part of the problem is that the front office doesn't invest much in the draft because they put more focus on vets because that's what Carlisle will play. Its why they had no problem trading a 1st rounder for Rondo because at the time they felt Rondo had a better shot at starting for them than any future first rounder would.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote