View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 12:18 AM   #11
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:Rasheed Wallace on trading block

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
No way. Maybe if we could trade any combination of Najera, Fortson, Finley, TAW, Howard, Daniels and Jon Steffanson for a package featuring Bonzi and Rasheed, but in no way should we ship out one of our 'T(w)oines to pick up Sheed...
Seriously, you wouldn't prefer Sheed to either Walker or Jamison? It must be because of Sheed's generally unstable nature, and not his skills on a basketball floor.

If the Mavs have any chance of getting Sheed, I'd recommend getting him, for the following reasons: 1) He has a legitimate back-to-the basket skill set, rivaled only by Duncan (Shaq doesn't count because size and brute force aren't skills); 2) He doesn't want to be the main man - he hasn't put up any fuss about any suggestion that the Blazers aren't his team, or that some other player is the team leader...he has allowed Randolph to take over at the PF spot with little national complain; and 3) size and athleticism on defense at the PF spot.

I haven't watched any Blazer games, but if Sheed's switch to SF is working out for the Blazers defensively, I'd say make a trade with Sheed and Walker being the principal parts in a minute. If Sheed can defend either the 3, 4 or 5, that allows Dirk to defend the weaker (weakest?) of those three positions.

And, Sheed doesn't play point-forward, so he isn't taking the ball out of Nash's hands, which is the main reason I think the Mavs' offense has not been as smooth (of course, Nash hasn't been playing in the last two games due to injury, but the Mavs didn't really light it when he was playing, at least not against the Lakers).
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote