View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Post Why I don't like Baseball

Here is a list of things what I think is wrong with baseball:

1. No salary cap. Some teams only spend around $12 Mil on their roster. While others spend $100 Mil and beyond. As a result there are always those few teams which will always be good. And there will be those teams which will always be bad. Baseball needs more parity and it needs a salary cap.

2. Excruciatingly long regular season. 162 games?!! Not only that, division opponents play each other like 15 times!! To fix this (a) Reduce divisional games (b) Make everyone play everybody else (i.e. increase inter-league games)....In other words I want more a NBA type schedule...

Lets take the Yankees as an example. Its simple. Have them play:

4 Division foes x 12 = 48
9 other AL teams x 6 = 54
16 NL teams x 3 = 48
Total = 150 games

3. A very exclusive playoffs. Only four teams from each league make it?!! Baseball needs to add two more wild-card spots and play an extra round giving a bye to the top two teams [like in football]. Every year good teams get left out the post-season.
For example, the Rangers (88-74) and the Tigers (87-75) got left out in the AL. The Giants (88-74) and the Marlins (87-75) got left out in the NL. IMO, these teams could have been good enough to win it all. At the very least they would have been competitive in the playoffs. We'll never know now...
Also, by increasing the field you also generate more interest throughout the season. More teams are in the hunt toward the end of the season. There is more excitement. More fans come to games. More fans watch games. The increasing ticket sales and ratings ----> $$$.

What do you all think?