View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 12:23 PM   #54
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
The reason I think that we may NOT lose core pieces is because Billups can opt-out his last year, and sign with whom he wants. There is alot of buzz here in Dallas on this issue. That is the main reason I brought it to surface here, but I see that a couple of childish people want to try to throw me under the bus, when indeed this is very much talked about here..
How do you propose we get Billups?

If he opts out, he is a FA. If he is a FA, then we are over the salary cap and can only sign him to the MLE because we are over the cap, or do a SNT with Detroit for him.

If we do an SNT with Detroit, then we lose player(s).

Money isn't the issue.

How else do you propose he gets a contract to come here and play?

<edit>
Mary, my apologies, but I am too slow at typing.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 05-16-2007 at 12:24 PM.