View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #71
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Yes, the Bird exception is transfered when the player is traded. But in that case we would have to send equal salary back, hence the word TRADE.

There is no way, at all, that the Mavs can sign Billups for anything other than the MLE, the LLE, or the veteran's minimum. There are possible trade avenues, perhaps, but those are just that, trades.

Now, you need to apologize to Mary, because she, and all of us, are right, and you are wrong. You don't/didn't know the rules, and you just need to admit it.

It is truly confounding that someone could be so into basketball that he posts frequently on a board like this, and yet has never read a single article related to free agency, and is so out of touch with the NBA as a whole that he thinks Cuban hasn't been signing free agents simply because he hasn't yet wanted to "break the bank". It's just astounding.
What rules are you talking about. Go back and read all my posts from this thread and tell me which one you are talking about. You need to read ONLY my posts. If you read the others, they were twisting words and adding stuff that I never mentioned. I challenge you to go back to see what I said.