View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #38
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Parked in the lane? Sounds like a 3-second violation waiting to happen! Did you get on the refs about that?
I coached in the younger leagues and the rules usually make allowances for lane violations and the like. I believe that it starts as 8 seconds, then to 5, before it gets to 3.

There is also more time to get the ball past the midcourt line. Plus zone defense is usually outlawed because they are WAY too effective (cause the kids can't pass very well yet). Typically you can't double team the player with the ball until they get past the 3 point line. You can't press on defense with a 20 point lead, etc.

I've heard of some newer rules that force the better players to match up against each other (via use of a colored wrist band - the player with an orange band matches up with the opposing orange wrist band, etc).
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote