View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #106
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

my thoughts on the issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I know that, if we are definitely rebuilding, trading Dirk asap is the fastest way to do it.

but..

The man is the greatest Maverick ever. He has been here so long and been through so much with the team and the fans. I think the Mavericks owe it to him to try everything they can to keep him here until retirement, even if it means trading every other piece.

If he demands a trade or opts out, so be it. But what a horrible end to a legacy if we trade him away.. I say no, even if it puts rebuilding off for a couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
And I know a lot of fans say "team first" and you should be a fan of a team way more than a player. I agree completely. What you have to consider though is that Dirk IS this team. He has been for the last 8 or so years. And it's not just his insane numbers... it's his attitude, his personality.. he's been the perfect sports role model for me and everyone else who grew up watching him.

When this teams goes through all the sh*t during the next few years, I'll be there every game. The Mavericks are my favorite sports team ever, and they always will be. But this is a situation where we need to consider what this incredible individual has done for this organization, and hopefully we don't mess this up.
(how do you post links to singular posts? I've seen people do it before and I couldn't figure out how)
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote