View Single Post
Old 11-29-2003, 04:32 AM   #20
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Fortson suspended 3 games

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman
Oh, and while I'm at it, grndmstr_c, why don't you like mikeinrowlett's comment? Don't you think that -
even if I don't like what Fortson did - there might be players who originally thought "I can go straight to the basket, all I can possibly get is a slap on the wrist" do now think twice?
Exactly, I have a better idea, next time Fortson can elbow the guy in the nuts or he can body slam them and do a 450 pound big splash from the top of the backboard, then nobody will ever go into the hole. That's not tough play its cheap play, the Mavs are paying Fortson 30-40 million whatever the hell he makes for that kind of "tough" play, how hard is it to stand underneath the basket, stand still and push somebody on the ground. Hey Cube only has to pay me a couple thousand and I can do that. Yea and lets break the "soft white boys" thing by having Fortson doing that on a regular basis, then I soon wonder what will happen when Nash or Dirk go to the hole, hmmmmmmm, maybe other teams will start playing "tough" themselves, that will really be good. Hey but who cares? atleast the Mavs won't be considered "soft" anymore.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote